The BetterQOL.com health outcomes portal is under development and we are looking for funding for disease modules from the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, patient advocacy groups as well as government agencies.
We are open to developmental grants as well as individual user sponsorships. Site advertising is also available and can be tailored to specific disease states.
Value to pharmaceutical companies…
- Patients and physicians can now measure the benefit of medications and justify the cost to insurers.
- BetterQOL.com improves patient expectations and education of their medication, communicates common adverse experiences and how to deal with them and sets appropriate expectations of the medications. Since education is disease specific, it will be much more useful to the patient than typical pharmacy printouts.
- Provide a valuable service to the physician and patient.
Value to managed care and government payers…
- Meaningful physician performance measures.
- Affirmation that treatments are actually helping patients.
- HIPPA compliant statistics that would typically be available in a registry.
Value to patient advocacy groups…
- Drive patient care to focus on quality of life.
- Enhance the mission of disease education and available treatments.
- Assist physicians in treating “the whole patient”.